jakarta-bsf-dev mailing list archives

From "Rony G. Flatscher" <Rony.Flatsc...@wu-wien.ac.at>
Subject Re: Migration complete Was: Convert jakarta-bsf to Subversion
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 06:31:05 GMT
Hi Hen,

>> Is there a way to tell Subversion to use the file modification dateTimes
>> on checkin resp. checkouts?
>
> I don't understand, could you give an example?

Sure: if I changed three files over four weeks and did a check in at the
end of the month, then svn stores the commit dateTime with every checked
in file. When checking out the project later, then the files dateTime is
that of the commit *not* of the last modification applied to the file.
At least I have not found a way to do that.

---

Also, I tried to add RexxEngine to 'org.apache.bsf.Languages.properties'
and commit that via svn, but to no avail.

Using svn.apache.org, also executed the svnpassword in a shell on
svn.apache.org, checked out the bsf-project (supplying  --username and
--password) using your supplied URL. Now, when trying to commit, I am
asked for the password for my Apache account, supplying it does not
successfully go by the authentication part of it. Therefore it seems
that I am not able to commit changes yet. Here's that session log:

---------------- cut here ---------------
E:\svnrgf\remote\bsf\src\org\apache\bsf>svn --username rony commit -m
"2005-06-08 added the RexxEngine entry to
org.apache.bsf.Languages.properties"
Sending        bsf/Languages.properties
Authentication realm: <https://svn.apache.org:443> ASF Committers
Password for 'rony':
Authentication realm: <https://svn.apache.org:443> ASF Committers
Username: rony
Password for 'rony':
Authentication realm: <https://svn.apache.org:443> ASF Committers
Username: rony
Password for 'rony':
svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: CHECKOUT of
'/repos/asf/!svn/ver/180448/jakarta/bsf/trunk/src/org/apache/bsf/Languages.properties':
authorization failed (https://svn.apache.org)

At the moment I am using cygwin's svn, if that makes a difference.

Would you have some advice, ideas?

TIA,

---rony