jakarta-bsf-dev mailing list archives

From "Rony G. Flatscher" <Rony.Flatsc...@wu-wien.ac.at>
Subject ad "Golden" ... (Re: Question on committing some changes...
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2005 06:39:41 GMT
Hi Sanka,

>> mentioned, that he wanted to remove the debugging part before going
>> Golden, but I could be mistaken) and go on with BSF 3.0 to come up with
>> a version which will be JSR-223 compliant, but opensource...
>

> BSF "Golden" .. Hmm I dont think I''v heard that before .. can anyone
> pass me any info about that pls ..

"Golden" means that a particular version of software achieved a mature
status and should be released as a "product". The present status of BSF,
if I am not mistaken is one of "Beta", ie. practically finished, but
there could still be "showstopper" errors in it, which should get caught
at this level ("alpha" is a very preliminiary version, showing off the
major planned features, most of them implemented already, but not really
tested through thoroughly).

Regards,

---rony