jakarta-bsf-dev mailing list archives

From "Rony G. Flatscher" <Rony.Flatsc...@wu-wien.ac.at>
Subject ad planned "BSF3" (JSR-223) (Re: Question on committing some changes...
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2005 06:44:16 GMT
Hi Sanka,

>yeah .. I've put the JSR-223 Impl in a folder called bsf3. I think we
>start working by using that code and add backward compatibility to it
>(on our way to BSF3.0 version)

Please be advised that the specs to JSR-223 are not yet fully finalized
(it's the last round, but there are quite a few changes still pending).

Also, when working on making it compatible with BSF2.0 (i.e. Apache
version once it went "Golden"), I would also like to draw your attention
of a support class that I created for Rexx, which allows *any* script
language that is capable of using strings ;) to take advantage of all of
Java. More on that, once 2.0 is really finalized and once JSR-223 is
really finalized.

Personally, I think, it is *very*, *very* important to allow BSF2.0 to
be usable (pluggable or whatever?) with/by/from BSF3.0 this way making
all of the BSF2.0 engines available to BSF3.0 right out of the box.

Regards,

---rony