jakarta-bsf-dev mailing list archives

From Anthony Elder <ant.el...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Fw: RFC ad BSF 3.0 ...
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 19:58:06 GMT
I'm in.

I was just looking to submit a JIRA patch for the existing BSF 3.0
prototype code but there doesn't seem to be a JIRA project for BSF. How
about I set up BSF in the ASF JIRA system and we can use that for any BSF
3.0 work?
       ...ant

---------------------- Forwarded by Anthony Elder/UK/IBM on 14/02/2007
19:44 ---------------------------

To:     "Bean Scripting Framework developers" <bsf-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
cc:
From:   Anthony Elder/UK/IBM@IBMGB
Subject:        Re: RFC ad BSF 3.0 ...

Unfortunately the wheels turn very slowly so please don't be waiting for
me.

       ...ant

Please respond to "Bean Scripting Framework developers"
<bsf-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
To:     Bean Scripting Framework developers <bsf-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
cc:

sounds good to me !!

Ant, did you got the approval to contribute your work to BSF?

What is the status of the patch for making the current codebase
compliant with
latest spec.?

Sanka.

Anthony Elder wrote:
> An alternative to what you suggest about employing a BSF2 engine within
> BSF3 is the reverse - a BSF2 engine that can use any JSR-223 engine.
I've

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/sandbox/ant/container.script/src/main/java/org/apache/tuscany/container/script/jsr223/JSR223BSFEngine.java

> "Rony G. Flatscher" <Rony.Flatscher@wu-wien.ac.at> on 24/10/2006
07:45:40

> Please respond to "Bean Scripting Framework developers"
> <bsf-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
>
> To: Bean Scripting Framework developers <bsf-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
> cc:
> Subject: Re: RFC ad BSF 3.0 ...
>

> Hi Anthony,
>
> Anthony Elder wrote:
>> Yes! That would be great. Actually I was just looking at the code over
> the
>> weekend, its a bit behind the most recent spec, i've a patch to fix
some
> of
>> that if you'd like it.
>>
> *Definitely* !
>
> Also, one idea would be to employ BSF 2.x engines within BSF 3, if no
> BSF 3 engine of the same name is available, leveraging the BSF 2 work.
>
> ---
>
> Sanka, Nanka could you comment, please ?
>
> Regards,
>
> ---rony
>
> P.S.: Sanka and Nanka are the authors of the present version of the BSF
> 3.0 code. According to the "game plan" it is now time to roll-out BSF
> 3.0 as beta.

- --
Sanka Samaranayake
WSO2 Inc.