jakarta-bsf-user mailing list archives

From "Rony G. Flatscher" <Rony.Flatsc...@wu-wien.ac.at>
Subject Re: NetRexx 2.x / BSF2.3 issue getting "current" BSFManager instance...
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2003 17:53:58 GMT
Keith:

>So, this was bound to cause confusion.  I fixed that, but this
>still doesn't solve the problem.   Also, I tried call() rather than
>eval() or exec(), since the link you sent describes call() in such
>a way that it would seem to do exactly what I want, but alas I got
>a message saying that the BSFEngine for NetRexx does not yet
>support this.

Enclosed you'll find a little archive with a sample using a
NetRexx-script. The sample stems from the IBM distribution, so you would
need to change the "bsf" package name to Apache's. After recompiling the
Java-file, you should be able to enter the following:

    java ScriptedUI ui.nrx

which then should create an awt-frame on the Java side and let the
NetRexx script edit that window from NetRexx.

>Q: Is there a BSFEngine for ObjectRexx which will be supported
>     going forward?  Should I switch from NetRexx to ObjectRexx?

YES. There will be a BSFEngine for Rexx *and* Object Rexx for Apache's
 BSF and I try to get that support included with the free and
opensourced Rexx-interpreter called "Regina" (cf.
<http://www.lightlink.com/hessling/>) which is available for practically
every operating system/platform there is.

At the moment I am changing/enhancing the BSFEngine and have been
testing it for the (older) IBM BSF package. Once this testing is over, I
will adapt everything to the actual Apache BSF and making it available
under the Apache license.

Hope that helps a little,

---rony