jakarta-bsf-user mailing list archives

From "Shank, Gary" <Gary_Sh...@stercomm.com>
Subject BSF Questions
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 21:12:18 GMT
I'm writing an app that can execute scripts using BSF v2.3.0.  I would like
to be able to handle any of the available/supported scripting languages
which has prompted the following questions:

1. Can I register and load scripting engines for all available scripting
languages/engines using one manager?  Example:
    BSFManager mgr = new MSFManager();
    mgr.registerScriptingEngine("engine1", "engine1.Engine", ext1);
    mgr.registerScriptingEngine("engine2", "engine2.Engine", ext2);
    mgr.loadScriptingEngine("engine1");
    mgr.loadScriptingEngine("engine2");

2. I'm trying to register and load the BeanShell scripting language
(bsh-1.2b7.jar) - the register works but the load fails with "unable to load
language - BSFException.REASON_OTHER_ERROR".
    String[] ext_bsh = {"bsh"};
    mgr.registerScriptingEngine("beanshell", "bsh.util.BeanShellBSFEngine",
ext_bsh);
    BSFEngine bshEngine = mgr.loadScriptingEngine("beanshell");

3. When I was using the jython engine - when I called the
loadScriptingEngine method for the first time, it took a very long time and
I noticed that a "cachedir" was added to the directory where the bsf.jar was
located.  Why and what's it for?

thanks,
gary_shank@stercomm.com <mailto:gary_shank@stercomm.com>