jakarta-bsf-user mailing list archives

From Alvin PILLAY <a.pil...@itnsa.com>
Subject Problem with declareBean in conjunction with JavascriptEngine
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2003 16:35:03 GMT
Hi,

I don't know if this has been brought up before, because the mailing-list
archive is currently down.

I'm running into this problem when attempting to declare a bean to the
BSFEngine:

  BSFManager manager = new BSFManager();      //OK
  manager.loadScriptingEngine("javascript");  //OK
  manager.declareBean("mybean", "Bean!", String.class); //Runtime Exception!

So far, I've only spotted this problem with the Javascript engine, AFAIK,
this doesn't happen with the BeanShell engine:

  BSFManager manager = new BSFManager();      //OK
  manager.loadScriptingEngine("beanshell");  //OK ("beanshell" engine
defined manually)
  manager.declareBean("mybean", "Bean!", String.class); //OK

I'm using BSF 2.3.0, along with Rhino 1.5R3 (because BSF isn't yet
compatible with the new Debugger API in 1.5R4).

I'm thinking of filing a bug report, but I'd like to make sure I'm not the
only one with this problem first.

- Alvin PILLAY