jakarta-bsf-user mailing list archives

From "Albert Chou" <ac...@tealeaf.com>
Subject BSF script as long-running integral part of application
Date Sun, 19 Oct 2003 14:00:29 GMT
A quick search and scan of the archive doesn't seem to address this
question, so despite being a complete newbie to the list, I'm going to
ask it.

Is it possible to have a BSF script actually be a program that functions
as an integral part of a Java application, running from the script's
invocation until it is either explicitly dismissed or the application is
quit?  Before I asked the question I started to think it might be
possible if I spawned the BSFManager into a thread and communicated with
it from the main thread.  For my purpose, I had already planned to have
an intermediary class, most likely written in the scripting language (in
my case JRuby), to handle whatever translations are necessary on the
data as it passes from one language to the other.  Is that a reasonable
architecture?

Thanks in advance,
Al