jakarta-bsf-user mailing list archives

From Aleksei Valikov <vali...@gmx.net>
Subject BSF and thread safety
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2004 11:12:42 GMT
Hi.

I'm developing a solution for web application controller and plan to use
BSF as expression evaluation engine.
What I need is to evaluate expressions in contexts of various variables
extracted from the client's request. These evaluations must be
completely independent. Moreover, there will be plenty of evaluations
carried out by various threads in parallel. I have a couple of
questions, would appreciate your answers.

Each evaluation is handled in the context of declared variables.
Variables are declared using manager.declareBean(...). Do I need a
separate BSFManager and BSFEngine per thread? Or is there a way to have
one BSFManager and produce only a BSFEngine per thread (with respect to
variables, which must not be shared between threads)?

Are BSFManager and BSFEngine reusable? Can I pool BSFManager and
BSFEngine and reuse them for different evaluations (cleaning up the
variable, of course)?

Thanks for your answers.

Bye.
/lexi