jakarta-bsf-user mailing list archives

From Rainer Hahnekamp <rainer.hahnek...@aon.at>
Subject general questions
Date Sat, 30 Oct 2004 21:44:41 GMT
Hello everybody,

I am about to write an application, which core's functionality depends on BSF.
The app uses a lot of different libraries and thats where the problem begins:
-As far as I know, your only chance to access some objects within the Java
scope you have to instantiate these objects and register them to the
BSFManager. But what should I do, if I have here a class with static methods
that cannot be instantiated like the System class in java.lang??
-In my application the script code needs access to the OpenOffice API, which
has - as you can surely imagine - a lot of classes. Must I really instantiate
and register all of them (they will certainly be needed in some cases) or is
there another way? If not I think that there should be a mechanism in BSF
where the script has access to all libraries in the CLASSPATH of the host app
without needing to register them.

I hope you can give me some answers and thank you in advance.

Greetings,
-Rainer Hahnekamp