jakarta-bsf-user mailing list archives

From Sanka Samaranayake <ssa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Context Sharing Using BSF
Date Sun, 15 May 2005 15:05:26 GMT
Hi Amey,

question1)

I'm afraid that you can't do that without unloading the registered engines.

The reason is native JavaScript evalution mechanism keeps track of all
the methods in a script in a script scope which it gets as an
argument. Since JavaScriptEngine used in BSF uses the same scope -
that contains all the declared beans ..etc - for each evaluation, a
function declared in a previously evaluated script is visible for any
other execution afterwards.

question2)

isnt that you've just done in the script2.

hope this will help

Cheers !!

-sanka

On 5/11/05, Amey Rokde <arokde@voiceobjects.com> wrote:
> Hi
> We are using BSF 2.3.0 for providing scripting functionality into our product.Basically
we are using bsf framework to embedded java script inside our
> product.We are facing a tricky scenario.Let me explain
>
> Script 1 :
>
>     add()
>
> Script 2 :
>    function add()
>    {
>
>    }
>
>    function delete()
>    {
>
>    }
>
>    delete();
>
> when we give a first call with script1, it crashes saying the add() is undefined which
is right,
> then second call with script2 delete() is called which is invoked properly and then we
make third call with script1,add() is invoked which should not be
> as script1 does not define it.
> Through out we are using the same instance of bsf manager.After calling terminate method
on bsf manager after each call, then this undesired behavior
> is stopped.
> Now as per i understand looking into code, by calling bsf manager terminate we are unloading
the registered engines and thus the context of javascript is cleared.If this is right or above
behavior is caused by this,then is it possible to clear the context without unloading the
registered engines.Mind you this is same thread which is making all the three calls.

> Second,this is not that critical but any ways would like to ask that is there any way
to call a particular function from the entire java script file.