jakarta-bsf-user mailing list archives

From "Rony G. Flatscher" <Rony.Flatsc...@wu-wien.ac.at>
Subject Re: How can I debug my script code?
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2006 16:30:50 GMT
Hi Linda,
>   I am using BSF to integrate script code ( javascript, jython, and possible more others)
into my java application (not jsp or web based).

>   My script code might be long with function calls and flow controls. It's definitly
not just printing a hello-world. So it's better to have debugging capability. Is there any
tools/framework I can use to debug my script code?

Best bet would be to use commons-logging
(<http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/>). Register an instance of
the Log class with BSF, such that your scripts can get access to the
logger. Then log whatever actions you see helpful with it and use the
logging infrastructure for accordingly formatted log reports.

HTH,

---rony