jakarta-bsf-user mailing list archives

From Daling Xu <daling...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: overhead of new BSFManager()
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 14:48:10 GMT
Hi Rony,

  Thanks for your response.

  As to the register bean, I may be able to figure out a way to give different names to different
script's bean object. But how about stopping a specific script at run time? If I use the same
BSFManager instance for different script, is there any way I can stop them discrimitly?

  Linda

"Rony G. Flatscher" <Rony.Flatscher@wu-wien.ac.at> wrote:
    Just a few remarks:

* to know for sure, you should profile some test runs,
* a BSFManager instance reuses a loaded script engine, so you could
pool BSFManager instances,

  * ad BSF registry/registering beans:
o you could use the same bean registry and register beans
under different names and supply the script the name of the
bean which is meant for it for retrieval in the script;
o also you could create one bean registry which should be
accessible to a group or all invoked scripts by cascading it
with a new instance of the registry meant for it; cf.
getObjectRegistry(), setObjectRegistry(), and of course the
class "org.apache.bsf.util.ObjectRegistry" which has two
constructors, one for supplying a parent ObjectRegistry (for
cascading)

Please let us know how you fare, o.k.?

---rony