jakarta-bsf-user mailing list archives

From "Rony G. Flatscher" <Rony.Flatsc...@wu-wien.ac.at>
Subject Re: overhead of new BSFManager()
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 19:20:19 GMT
Hi Linda,

>   Thanks for your response.

You are very welcome, especially if I could help at least a little bit...
;)

>   As to the register bean, I may be able to figure out a way to give different names
to different script's bean object. But how about stopping a specific script at run time? If
I use the same BSFManager instance for different script, is there any way I can stop them
discrimitly?

Well, here everyone is on the mercy of the engine implementation. As
Thread.stop() is deprecated (just study the explanations Sun gives with
that method) you may want to consider to enhance the Javascript/Rhino
engine (that's the scripting language you are employing, I think) to
react upon some method you define (e.g. abort() to forcefully stop a
running script with whatever means Rhino exposes for that purpose). This
way you could arrive at a stable and reliable means of doing what you seek.

HTH,

---rony