jakarta-bsf-user mailing list archives

From Daling Xu <daling...@yahoo.com>
Subject JavaScript Debugger
Date Tue, 01 May 2007 12:07:15 GMT
Hi,

  We are planning to use BSF and several scripting languages for our project. We plan to start
from JavaScript and continue to start to support other scripting languages in future.

  Is there any good JavaScript Debugger? If possible, we prefer an Eclipse plugin. So far,
I researched several: ATF JavaScript Debugger, Venkman, SplineTech JavaScript Debugger. But
all of them defaultly assume that it's debugging JavaScript inside a webpage and some even
require a HTTP server. That's not true for my project, mine is nothing to do with web.  I
also tried Rhino's GUI debugger, but the GUI doesn't look very nice, also it can't be integrated
with Eclipse.

  So, anybody here is using JavaScript for serious, non-web development? What kind of debugger
did you use?

  If we can't find a JavaScript deubgger satisfy the requirement, any other scripting language
debugger available that can debug a standalone script and could be integrated to Eclipse as
a plugin?

  Thank you very much for any information.

  Daling

 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.