jakarta-bsf-user mailing list archives

From "Jack J. Woehr" <jwo...@softwoehr.com>
Subject Re: evaluating simple string "2 == 2"
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2008 16:44:11 GMT
Raza, Rizwan (MLCI) wrote:
> Thanks. Ok I got that so that problem is gone but now it is complaining
> for
> org.apache.bsf.engines.java.JavaEngine. I do not think that the bsf
> 2.4.0 jar that I am using has JavaEngine in it. Am I using an obsolete
> version?

No. But you may be missing some stuff. BSF is a framework. The Engines
link into the Framework.

Suggestion: sit down and read the BSF documentation for an hour or two :)

Page 1 of the BSF manual <http://jakarta.apache.org/bsf/manual.html>says:

    The two primary components of BSF are the |BSFManager| and the
    |BSFEngine|.

    The |BSFManager| handles all scripting execution engines running
    under its control, and maintains the object registry that permits
    scripts access to Java objects. By creating an instance of the
    |BSFManager| class, a Java application can gain access to scripting
    services.

    The |BSFEngine| provides an interface that must be implemented for a
    language to be used by BSF ...