jakarta-jcs-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>
Subject Re: remote
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2004 00:29:43 GMT
Travis Savo wrote:

>I'm afraid my diff tool's all but useless in this case due to formatting and
>orginizational changes. My only suggestion is to look at my copies from my
>renegade JCS distribution.
>
>Sorry about that....
>
>Can anyone suggest a diff tool that might be of some use in these scenarios?

These are issues you will definitely need to sort out on the path to
becoming a committer.

To make it easier to have your patches accepted (and to stop your
commits being rejected by other committers) you need to follow the
appropriate coding standards -
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/common/code-standards.html

The diff format that is required is documented at
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/source.html#Patches

This format is the default patch format produced by Eclipse, but I would
imaging most other IDEs will be able to do this.

Scott

--
Scott Eade
Backstage Technologies Pty. Ltd.