jakarta-jcs-dev mailing list archives

From Travis Savo <ts...@IFILM.com>
Subject RE: How to ensure the index is written out at shutdown?
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2004 23:30:45 GMT
Corin,

The disk cache (from my experience) will not persist over restarts in it's
current form, even if you call dispose(). When last I looked the code was a
bit lacking, and required a bit of refactoring to make work.

If Disk Persistence is a requirement across reboots, you might want to try
my EHCachePersistant patch. It implements an EHCache Disk Store which
persists across restarts. My JCS patches have the original EHCache Disk
Store patched for use in JCS, so merging the two branches of development
should be fairly trivial.

This is, of course, one of my goals for the near-term future: Disk
Persistence across restarts configurable from the cache.ccf.

-Travis Savo

-----Original Message-----
From: Corin Moss [mailto:Corin.Moss@tvnz.co.nz]
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2004 4:19 PM
To: Turbine JCS Developers List
Subject: RE: How to ensure the index is written out at shutdown?

Ok,  here it is..

# DEFAULT CACHE REGION

jcs.default=DC
jcs.default.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttribut
es
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=1000
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory
.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsLateral=true

# System CACHE REGION

jcs.system.groupIdCache=DC
jcs.system.groupIdCache.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeC
acheAttributes
jcs.system.groupIdCache.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=1000
jcs.system.groupIdCache.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.e
ngine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache

# PRE-DEFINED CACHE REGIONS

jcs.region.main=DC
jcs.region.main.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttr
ibutes
jcs.region.main.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=1000
jcs.region.main.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.me
mory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.region.main.cacheattributes.UseMemoryShrinker=true
jcs.region.main.cacheattributes.MaxMemoryIdleTimeSeconds=3600
jcs.region.main.cacheattributes.ShrinkerIntervalSeconds=60

# AVAILABLE AUXILIARY CACHES

jcs.auxiliary.DC=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheF
actory
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.Indexe
dDiskCacheAttributes
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.DiskPath=/www/cocoon/webapps/cocoon/index-di
sk-cache

jcs.auxiliary.LTCP=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.LateralCacheFactory
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.LateralCa
cheAttributes
#jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.TransmissionTypeName=TCP
#jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.TcpServers=localhost:1111
#jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.TcpListenerPort=1110
#jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.PutOnlyMode=true