jakarta-jcs-dev mailing list archives

From "Corin Moss" <Corin.M...@tvnz.co.nz>
Subject How to ensure the index is written out at shutdown?
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2004 22:35:03 GMT

Hi Guys,

Great to see the recent commits to CVS.  I've been testing the new code
over the last day for use with Cocoon.  I'm still unable to get the
index to write to disk at shutdown time.  I'm not seeing any of the
debug information now included in the class, so I suspect we're not
calling the dispose methods properly.  At the moment, on shut down, the
following is called:

        m_JCS.dispose();
        m_cacheManager.release();
        m_JCS = null;
        m_cacheManager = null;
        m_properties = null;

Where m_JCS is an instance of:

    private static class JCSCacheAccess extends GroupCacheAccess {
        private JCSCacheAccess(CompositeCache cacheControl) {
            super(cacheControl);
        }

        private int getSize() {
            return super.cacheControl.getSize();
        }

        protected void dispose() {
            super.dispose();
        }
    }
}

I'm confident that these methods are being called.  Is there anything
I'm missing here?

Thanks,

Corin

Corin Moss