jakarta-jcs-dev mailing list archives

From "Corin Moss" <Corin.M...@tvnz.co.nz>
Subject RE: How to ensure the index is written out at shutdown?
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2004 23:01:03 GMT

Hi Guys,

Cancel the last email - I've just discovered that our dispose method is
not actually being called.

My dumb ass mistake :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Corin Moss
Sent: Thursday, 15 April 2004 10:35 a.m.
To: turbine-jcs-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: How to ensure the index is written out at shutdown?

Hi Guys,

Great to see the recent commits to CVS.  I've been testing the new code
over the last day for use with Cocoon.  I'm still unable to get the
index to write to disk at shutdown time.  I'm not seeing any of the
debug information now included in the class, so I suspect we're not
calling the dispose methods properly.  At the moment, on shut down, the
following is called:

        m_JCS.dispose();
        m_cacheManager.release();
        m_JCS = null;
        m_cacheManager = null;
        m_properties = null;

Where m_JCS is an instance of:

    private static class JCSCacheAccess extends GroupCacheAccess {
        private JCSCacheAccess(CompositeCache cacheControl) {
            super(cacheControl);
        }

        private int getSize() {
            return super.cacheControl.getSize();
        }

        protected void dispose() {
            super.dispose();
        }
    }
}

I'm confident that these methods are being called.  Is there anything
I'm missing here?

Thanks,

Corin

Corin Moss
Lead Developer
TVNZ Interactive

+64 9 916 7367
+64 21 403 054
corin.moss@tvnz.co.nz

CAUTION: This e-mail and any attachment(s) contains information that is
intended to be read only by the named recipient(s). It may contain
information that is confidential, proprietary or the subject of legal
privilege. This information is not to be used by any other person and/or
organisation. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise us
immediately and delete this e-mail from your system. Do not use any
information contained in it.