jakarta-jcs-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Smuts <aasm...@wisc.edu>
Subject RE: Can the Transient cache store non Serializable objects.
Date Tue, 18 May 2004 00:56:56 GMT
The call to put in cacheaccess casts the object to Serializable.  It
doesn't actually serialize the object.  It actually probably shouldn't
even do this casting.  Are you getting errors?  I can probably remove
it.  You can create a wrapper that is serializable for the mean time.

An object is fine.  An object need to be serializable only if it is
going to be distributed or spooled to disk.  If the items are just kept
in memory, then it is no problem.

Aaron

We