jakarta-jcs-dev mailing list archives

From Henning Schmiedehausen <...@intermeta.de>
Subject RE: [Fwd: ReOrg of the Turbine CVS repositories]
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2004 07:43:07 GMT
Hi Aaron,

the next step would be the creation of a proposal for promotion. There
was a link mailed to the jcs-dev list by Henri (or was it Robert?) for
the HiveMind proposal. Best would be if someone with deeper knowledge
about JCS adapts this proposal to JCS and then sends it to the jcs-dev
list for review.

	Regards
		Henning

On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 17:51, Smuts, Aaron wrote:
> It would help if JCS could be directly under Jakarta.  It was good for us to be in Turbine
at first, but now the project is stable enough to be its own independent project.

> We are also ready for a release, which might be good to do after such a move.
>
> How do we go about proposing such a move?
>
> Aaron

to talk to you about a possible promotion of JCS out of the Turbine project.

> 	Regards
> 		Henning

and well, but no longer connected to the main Turbine project.

> There was a discussion on general@jakarta about turbine-jcs which went nowhere.
>
> I remember from the discussion (actually I cheated. I looked into my mailbox :-) that
there was thinking about moving JCS into jakarta commons, a move that I personally no longer
consider wise, because the current state of commons would suddently pour a host of fellow
jakarta developers with commit rights over JCS.

> My question now is: Are you folks feeling comfortable being "hidden"
> under the umbrella of Jakarta Turbine or can we (we as in "jakarta-turbine developers
outside jcs")  somehow help you to promote the JCS project into 2nd level status in either
Jakarta or DB?

> It would be nice to reduce the twelve (!) different jakarta-turbine-* CVS repositories
back to a more sane number.

> Opinions? Please send me a Cc or keep turbine-dev on the Cc list, because I only browse
the jcs-dev list on eyebrowse.

> 	Regards
> 		Henning

                       --Michelle Levesque, "Fundamental Issues with
                                    Open Source Software Development"