jakarta-jcs-dev mailing list archives

From Hanson Char <hanson_c...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Newbie: pulling my hair out with remote cache
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2004 08:11:07 GMT
Have you tried putting the remote CS on a different
physical machine, instead of the same to see if it
makes a difference ?

Hanson
--- David Vismans <david4@chello.nl> wrote:

> > You have the remote server configured to
> invalidate items on
> > other local caches when something is put into the
> originating
> > local cache.  When an item is put in C1 it tells
> CS, CS then
> > tells all other registered caches, in this case
> C2, to remove
> > the item.  The setting is in this line.  If you
> don't want
> > this behavior, then set this to false.

jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes.RemoveUponRemotePut=true

> > Having this set to true is recommended for
> situations where
> > the data on a particular machine may be somewhat
> user
> > specific.  There are some case, like this, where
> you don't
> > want the items stored in memory to be the same on
> all machines.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Aaron
>
> Thank you for the quick reply.
>
> I know about this parameter, and eventhough it is
> set to true now I've
> tried it with both settings.
>
> The thing is CS does also not message C2 to
> invalidate the item. C2,
> pulls the old version of the same key out of local
> memory eventhough C1
> has updated locally and propagated its new value to
> CS. CS simply
> doesn't talk to C2. When I start C2 up it does
> however register it
> listener with CS.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks again.
>
> David
>
> Below are my config files again and my original
> description of the
> problem.
>
> C1:
> # PRE-DEFINED CACHE REGIONS
> jcs.region.Tasks=DC,RFailover

jcs.region.Tasks.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAtt
> ributes
> jcs.region.Tasks.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=1000

jcs.region.Tasks.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.m
> emory.lru.LRUMemoryCache

jcs.region.Tasks.cacheattributes.UseMemoryShrinker=false

jcs.region.Tasks.cacheattributes.MaxMemoryIdleTimeSeconds=3600

jcs.region.Tasks.cacheattributes.ShrinkerIntervalSeconds=60

jcs.region.Tasks.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttribut
> es
> jcs.region.Tasks.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
> jcs.region.Tasks.elementattributes.IdleTime=1800
> jcs.region.Tasks.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
> jcs.region.Tasks.elementattributes.IsRemote=true
> jcs.region.Tasks.elementattributes.IsLateral=false

jcs.system.groupIdCache=jcs.system.groupIdCache.cacheattributes=org.apac
> he.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes

jcs.system.groupIdCache.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=10000

jcs.system.groupIdCache.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.e
> ngine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
>
> # Remote RMI Cache set up to failover

jcs.auxiliary.RFailover=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.RemoteCacheFacto
> ry

jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.Remot
> eCacheAttributes

jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes.RemoteHost=localhost
> jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes.RemotePort=2099
> jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes.LocalPort=2103

#jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes.FailoverServers=localhost:2099

jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes.RemoveUponRemotePut=true
> jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes.GetOnly=false

#jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes.RemoteTypeName=REMOTE

> # AVAILABLE AUXILIARY CACHES

jcs.auxiliary.DC=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheF
> actory

jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.Indexe
> dDiskCacheAttributes

jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.DiskPath=C:/Temp/diskcachelocal
> jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.maxKeySize=1000
>
> ------------------
> C2:
>
> # PRE-DEFINED CACHE REGIONS
> jcs.region.Tasks=DC,RFailover

jcs.region.Tasks.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAtt
> ributes
> jcs.region.Tasks.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=1000

jcs.region.Tasks.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.m
> emory.lru.LRUMemoryCache

jcs.region.Tasks.cacheattributes.UseMemoryShrinker=false

jcs.region.Tasks.cacheattributes.MaxMemoryIdleTimeSeconds=3600

jcs.region.Tasks.cacheattributes.ShrinkerIntervalSeconds=60

jcs.region.Tasks.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttribut
> es
> jcs.region.Tasks.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
> jcs.region.Tasks.elementattributes.IdleTime=1800
> jcs.region.Tasks.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
> jcs.region.Tasks.elementattributes.IsRemote=true
> jcs.region.Tasks.elementattributes.IsLateral=false

jcs.system.groupIdCache=jcs.system.groupIdCache.cacheattributes=org.apac
> he.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes

jcs.system.groupIdCache.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=10000

jcs.system.groupIdCache.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.e
> ngine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
>
> # Remote RMI Cache set up to failover

jcs.auxiliary.RFailover=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.RemoteCacheFacto
> ry

jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.Remot
> eCacheAttributes

jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes.RemoteHost=localhost
> jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes.RemotePort=2099
> jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes.LocalPort=2102

#jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes.FailoverServers=localhost:2099

jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes.RemoveUponRemotePut=true

#jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes.RemoteTypeName=REMOTE
> jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes.GetOnly=false
> #jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes.GetOnly=false

#jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes.RemoteServiceName=RemoteCache

> # AVAILABLE AUXILIARY CACHES

jcs.auxiliary.DC=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheF
> actory

jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.Indexe
> dDiskCacheAttributes

jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.DiskPath=C:/Temp/updateclient1
> jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.maxKeySize=1000
>
> --------------
> CS:
> registry.host=localhost
> registry.port=2099
> remote.cache.service.port=2099
> remote.tomcat.on=false
> remote.cluster.LocalClusterConsistency=true
>
> jcs.system.groupIdCache=DC

jcs.system.groupIdCache.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeC
> acheAttributes

jcs.system.groupIdCache.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=10000

jcs.system.groupIdCache.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.e
> ngine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache

jcs.system.groupIdCache.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementA
> ttributes

jcs.system.groupIdCache.elementattributes.IsEternal=true

jcs.system.groupIdCache.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=3600

jcs.system.groupIdCache.elementattributes.IdleTime=1800

jcs.system.groupIdCache.elementattributes.IsSpool=true

jcs.system.groupIdCache.elementattributes.IsRemote=false

jcs.system.groupIdCache.elementattributes.IsLateral=false

> # DEFAULT CACHE REGION
> jcs.default=DC

jcs.default.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttribut
> es
> jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=10000

jcs.default.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory
> .lru.LRUMemoryCache
> jcs.default.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
> jcs.default.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=3600
> jcs.default.elementattributes.IdleTime=1800
> jcs.default.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
> jcs.default.elementattributes.IsRemote=true
> jcs.default.elementattributes.IsLateral=false
>
> # PRE-DEFINED CACHE REGIONS
> jcs.region.Tasks=DC

jcs.region.Tasks.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAtt
> ributes
> jcs.region.Tasks.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=1000

jcs.region.Tasks.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.m
> emory.lru.LRUMemoryCache

jcs.region.Tasks.cacheattributes.UseMemoryShrinker=false

jcs.region.Tasks.cacheattributes.MaxMemoryIdleTimeSeconds=3600

jcs.region.Tasks.cacheattributes.ShrinkerIntervalSeconds=60

jcs.region.Tasks.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttribut
> es
> jcs.region.Tasks.elementattributes.IsEternal=true
> jcs.region.Tasks.elementattributes.IdleTime=1800
> jcs.region.Tasks.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
> jcs.region.Tasks.elementattributes.IsRemote=true
> jcs.region.Tasks.elementattributes.IsLateral=false
>
> # AVAILABLE AUXILIARY CACHES

jcs.auxiliary.DC=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheF
> actory

jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.Indexe
> dDiskCacheAttributes

jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.DiskPath=C:/Temp/diskcacheremote/
> jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.maxKeySize=100000

jcs.auxiliary.DC.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttribut