jakarta-jcs-dev mailing list archives

From Hanson Char <hanson.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Query regarding remote cache
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 11:15:51 GMT
Also, if we are talking about the use of remote cache in JCS,

1) There is a separate JVM running the remote cache server, but is
missing in your diagram
2) In your diagram, I think application at the lower right hand corner
of each page should be C, not B.  Otherwise, you would have both a
static data store called B and an application also called B.
3) All A, B and C are considered local caches.  Only the one in (1) is
considered the remote cache.

Hanson

On 5/11/05, Hanson Char <hanson.char@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hari,
>
> I am starting to think we are talking about different things here.  We
> should clarify the terminology.
>
> 1) Are you referring to the use of a) remote cache server or b)
> lateral cache in JCS ?
> 2) What does it mean by "Remote Cache Synchronization" ?  Is it an
> extra step involved in the use of lateral cache ?  For AFAIK, there is
> no such thing in using the remote cache server.

> On 5/11/05, Hariprasath Manivannan <hari.manivannan@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Hanson,
> >
> > I have attached a word doc depicting the problem.
> >

> > Regards,
> > Hari
> >

> > On 5/11/05, Hanson Char <hanson.char@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > What do you mean by "synchronization" ?  Do you mean when B tries to
> > > update it's local cache, or C tries to update it's local cache, or
> > > both ?  In all cases, A at most will only be affected by a bunch of
> > > cache item delete requests.
> > >
> > > Hanson

> > datastore

> > client C