jakarta-jcs-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Wolf <Eric.W...@bcbsks.com>
Subject disk caching persistence
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 22:16:37 GMT
In the documentation, it is stated:

"Persistence"

"When the disk cache is properly shutdown, the memory index is written to disk
and the value file is defragmented. When the cache starts up, the disk cache
can be configured to read or delete the index file. This provides an unreliable
persistence mechanism."

I wanted to know how to "the disk cache can be configured to read or delete
the index file".  I wanted to set it to read to use caching as a way to
have my application functional while off-line of the databases.  I could not
find how to do this anywhere in the documentation.  The "DiskUsagePattern"
seems to hint about it if you set it to UPDATE, but that only forces things
to disk.  It doesn't mention configuring the disk cache to read the index
file at start up.  Does someone know how to do this?

Secondary question: How do you make sure of shutting down the disk cache
properly?

Thanks in advance,
Eric