jakarta-jcs-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Stevens <mstev...@etla.org>
Subject Re: Working towards a formal jcs release...
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2007 13:51:20 GMT
On Fri, Apr 06, 2007 at 10:03:25PM +1000, Scott Eade wrote:
>          o There are a bunch of tests that result in failures and
>            errors - is there perhaps some configuration you have
>            locally that needs to be committed for the tests to work for
>            others?
>
>    [junit] [ERROR] TEST
> org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.jdbc.hsql.HSQLDiskCacheConcurrentUnitTest
> FAILED
>    [junit] Running
> org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.jdbc.hsql.HSQLDiskCacheUnitTest
>    [junit] Tests run: 3, Failures: 2, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 15.234 sec
>    [junit] [ERROR] TEST
> org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.jdbc.hsql.HSQLDiskCacheUnitTest FAILED
>    [junit] Running
> org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.jdbc.JDBCDiskCacheRemovalUnitTest
>    [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 0.766 sec
>    [junit] [ERROR] TEST
> org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.jdbc.JDBCDiskCacheRemovalUnitTest FAILED
>    [junit] Running
> org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.jdbc.JDBCDiskCacheShrinkUnitTest
>    [junit] Tests run: 3, Failures: 0, Errors: 3, Time elapsed: 1.109 sec
>    [junit] [ERROR] TEST
> org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.jdbc.JDBCDiskCacheShrinkUnitTest FAILED
>    [junit] Running org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.jdbc.JDBCDiskCacheUnitTest
>    [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 0.797 sec
>    [junit] [ERROR] TEST
> org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.jdbc.JDBCDiskCacheUnitTest FAILED
>    [junit] Running
> org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.jdbc.mysql.MySQLDiskCacheHsqlBackedUnitTest
>    [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 0.766 sec
>    [junit] [ERROR] TEST
> org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.jdbc.mysql.MySQLDiskCacheHsqlBackedUnitTest
> FAILED

I found a number of tests appeared to depend on my network
configuration - I spent a while wondering why they failed before
discovering they passed if I disabled the firewall on that machine.

Michael

>    * Lastly, I think it would be a good idea to put together at least a
>      basic maven 2 pom to help those of us that have moved over to that
>      for our own applications.
>
> If we can sort out the items listed above we should then be in a
> position to build a release (binary and source distributions and site)
> upon which we can hold a formal vote - this would be deployed to
> people.apache.org/~oneofus so that we can all see the full body of work
> we are voting on.  Following a positive vote we would copy this over to
> the main site and deploy the release files to the mirroring system.
>
> Arron: What can we do (that's you, me and anyone else willing to pitch
> in) to get this happening?  I'll drop Henning a note to gain access to
> the header update script.  I also have a patch to the project.xml file
> that corrects a bunch of the dependency descriptors and brings many of
> their versions forward - I will post this shortly for comment before
> commit.  Would you be able to provide some insight to the test failures
> and errors as the next step?

I'm also interested in helping. I don't have much maven experience but
was thinking about having a go writing a maven 2 pom. Would people
want to keep maven 1 support or move straight over?

Michael