jakarta-jcs-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>
Subject Re: Working towards a formal jcs release...
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2007 22:29:33 GMT
Michael Stevens wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 06, 2007 at 10:03:25PM +1000, Scott Eade wrote:
>
>>          o There are a bunch of tests that result in failures and
>>            errors - is there perhaps some configuration you have
>>            locally that needs to be committed for the tests to work for
>>            others?
>>
>>    [junit] [ERROR] TEST
>> org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.jdbc.hsql.HSQLDiskCacheConcurrentUnitTest
>> FAILED
>>    [junit] Running
>> org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.jdbc.hsql.HSQLDiskCacheUnitTest
>>    [junit] Tests run: 3, Failures: 2, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 15.234 sec
>>    [junit] [ERROR] TEST
>> org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.jdbc.hsql.HSQLDiskCacheUnitTest FAILED
>>    [junit] Running
>> org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.jdbc.JDBCDiskCacheRemovalUnitTest
>>    [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 0.766 sec
>>    [junit] [ERROR] TEST
>> org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.jdbc.JDBCDiskCacheRemovalUnitTest FAILED
>>    [junit] Running
>> org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.jdbc.JDBCDiskCacheShrinkUnitTest
>>    [junit] Tests run: 3, Failures: 0, Errors: 3, Time elapsed: 1.109 sec
>>    [junit] [ERROR] TEST
>> org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.jdbc.JDBCDiskCacheShrinkUnitTest FAILED
>>    [junit] Running org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.jdbc.JDBCDiskCacheUnitTest
>>    [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 0.797 sec
>>    [junit] [ERROR] TEST
>> org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.jdbc.JDBCDiskCacheUnitTest FAILED
>>    [junit] Running
>> org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.jdbc.mysql.MySQLDiskCacheHsqlBackedUnitTest
>>    [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 0.766 sec
>>    [junit] [ERROR] TEST
>> org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.jdbc.mysql.MySQLDiskCacheHsqlBackedUnitTest
>> FAILED
>>

> I found a number of tests appeared to depend on my network
> configuration - I spent a while wondering why they failed before
> discovering they passed if I disabled the firewall on that machine.

I just had a go with my firewall disabled and the failures still occurred.
> I'm also interested in helping. I don't have much maven experience but
> was thinking about having a go writing a maven 2 pom. Would people
> want to keep maven 1 support or move straight over?

That would be great Michael - all contributions are welcome.  We would
probably keep both going for the moment - switching over to maven 2
exclusively for builds is something that would probably require a little
more discussion to reach a consensus.

Note Hennings comment re the Apache parent pom and Aarons concerning the
mandatory vs. optional dependencies.

Scott