jakarta-jcs-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>
Subject Progress towards a release
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2007 14:10:59 GMT
So going over the messages triggered by my email of 10 days ago I have
the following list:

* There are a small number of apparent test failures - Scott noted a
few, Thomas noted just one.
I have spent some time today looking at these and Aaron is quite right -
they do all run successfully.  The apparent failures crop up when the
tests are run via maven on a fast machine - if the test classes are
executed individually they run just fine.  Is there a way we can alter
these so that they can execute correctly in all cases?

* A review of project.xml revealed a number of dependencies using fairly
old versions.
I have just now committed an update that brings most of these up to
date.  I also added the jar and java plugin properties suggested by
Thomas to explicitly state the compiler version desired by Aaron and to
include this information in the jar manifest.

* The source headers are still to be updated.  I was thinking that this
should wait until the all the tests pass, but since they actually do
there is no longer any need to hold off doing this.  Henning, can you
please proceed with running your script against
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/jcs/trunk

* Michael Stevens has offered to produce a Maven 2 POM (for users of
Maven 2, not for building purposes).  Michael, there is no time like the
present...

* There are seven open issues in Jira.  I am of the opinion that JCS-13
should be skipped for now.  Are there any strong opinions on the others?

* What version number will we call the release?  "1.2.7.9.3" may raise a
few eyebrows.

Let's get the above sorted, then we can build a site and release package
on which to vote.  Thomas's release experience will come in handy at
this point.

Let me know if I have missed anything.

Scott