jakarta-jcs-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Smuts, Aaron" <Aaron.Sm...@travelocity.com>
Subject RE: Progress towards a release
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2007 14:35:07 GMT
1. Test failures:  Some of the tests wait on background events.  These
are hard to get right.  I'll look into them, but there are no guarantees
that they can be fixed.  We might have to make them manual tests.

2. Project.xml:  For all practical purposes, JCS has only two
dependencies: commons-logging and concurrent.  The others are for
optional plugins.  The versions are unimportant. . . 

3.  License:  We have the 2.0 license in all the files.  Does the format
really matter?

4.  Maven2 pom:  This is largely irrelevant.  If we have one great . . .

5.  Open issues:  There are no actual bugs in JIRA that I know of.
There are a lot of busy work style improvements and the like.  We will
not be doing 13.  We should leave the concurrent library alone until we
move to jdk1.4.  There is absolutely no reason to change it at this

6.  Version:  It should be 1.3.1 or 1.3.0.

I'll look at the tests.  Someone tell me about the license.  And we are


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Scott Eade [mailto:seade@backstagetech.com.au]
> Sent: Monday, April 16, 2007 10:11 AM
> To: JCS Developers List
> Subject: Progress towards a release
> So going over the messages triggered by my email of 10 days ago I have
> the following list:
> * There are a small number of apparent test failures - Scott noted a
> few, Thomas noted just one.
> I have spent some time today looking at these and Aaron is quite right
> they do all run successfully.  The apparent failures crop up when the
> tests are run via maven on a fast machine - if the test classes are
> executed individually they run just fine.  Is there a way we can alter
> these so that they can execute correctly in all cases?
> * A review of project.xml revealed a number of dependencies using
> old versions.
> I have just now committed an update that brings most of these up to
> date.  I also added the jar and java plugin properties suggested by
> Thomas to explicitly state the compiler version desired by Aaron and
> include this information in the jar manifest.
> * The source headers are still to be updated.  I was thinking that
> should wait until the all the tests pass, but since they actually do
> there is no longer any need to hold off doing this.  Henning, can you
> please proceed with running your script against
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/jcs/trunk
> * Michael Stevens has offered to produce a Maven 2 POM (for users of
> Maven 2, not for building purposes).  Michael, there is no time like
> present...
> * There are seven open issues in Jira.  I am of the opinion that
> should be skipped for now.  Are there any strong opinions on the
> * What version number will we call the release?  "" may raise
> few eyebrows.
> Let's get the above sorted, then we can build a site and release
> on which to vote.  Thomas's release experience will come in handy at
> this point.
> Let me know if I have missed anything.
> Scott
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: jcs-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: jcs-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org

To unsubscribe, e-mail: jcs-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: jcs-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org

View raw message