jakarta-jcs-dev mailing list archives

From Niall Gallagher <ni...@switchfire.com>
Subject Re: Multiple Object and single Key Value
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2007 13:34:25 GMT
Hi Abhishek,

You can treat JCS like a HashMap.

Anything you can do with a HashMap you can do with JCS.
Anything you cannot do with a HashMap, you cannot do with JCS.

Run some tests using HashMap, to see if what you want to do is possible.

Remember that theoretically two different strings or URLs can have the
same hashcode. This might cause some unexpected behaviour in your
application. Consider using (string) URLs as keys instead of their
hashcodes.

Also you should probably post your questions to the jcs-users mailing
list, as this list is for developers who work on the code inside JCS
itself.

You asked about the source code of JCS. The link on the main JCS website
works for me:
http://jakarta.apache.org/jcs/cvs-usage.html
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/jakarta/jcs/trunk/

Best regards,
Niall

On Tue, 2007-12-04 at 14:25 -0800, Abhishek Guru wrote:

> hi All,
>
>    Is there any way I can retrieve all objects as list or so using same key.
>

>    My requirement is like, I am converting string to hashvalue, but for that
> value there are many objects in cache. I was wondering whether JCS provides
> such thing.
>
> Regards
> Abhishek

____________________________________