jakarta-oro-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephane Bailliez" <stephane.baill...@imediation.com>
Subject RE: Getting up to speed
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2000 10:11:48 GMT
#> -----Original Message-----
#> From: Daniel F. Savarese [mailto:dfs@savarese.org]
#> Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2000 12:13 AM
#> To: oro-dev@jakarta.apache.org
#> Subject: Re: Getting up to speed

#> >What do you think about the example ? Assuming you're not
#> familiar with
#> >Perl, I think the example are kind of light to get you
#> started in regex and
#> >the package use.
#>
#> You're absolutely right.  The examples could use some work.
#> Maybe some
#> enthusiastic users could take this on and maybe put together
#> a tutorial.

Ok, I will think about it and try to submit some additional sample.
I'm thinking right now about:
1) getting all URL links on a web page
2) extract the title made of multiple whitespace of a web page and using the
substitute feature to clean up the text into 1 whitespace only.

[Regex-tester]
#> If you can incorporate an automated regression testing
#> system, this would
#> be very valuable.  From version to version we want to make
#> sure the regex
#> behavior remains constant except for those things that we
#> specifically
#> have changed to track Perl.  It's hard to verify or have a reasonable
#> level of confidence without some kind of test battery.

Oops, I think there's a misunderstanding here.
The Regex tester I meant is kind of the same of the test applet you can find
on your website or on javaregex.com.
It is just useful to try some regex and see if you got the regex right.
However I have found the applets to be very limited when involving long
input and/or regex, this is why I feel the need to write this kind of tool.
I didn't mean a set of unit tests. But as you said, the latter would be
tremendously useful.
I suggest using the JUnit framework framework for this job.

--
  St├ęphane Bailliez
  R&D Software Engineer, Paris - France