jakarta-oro-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel F. Savarese" <...@savarese.org>
Subject Re: how to submit fixes?
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2000 04:31:38 GMT
>I got the latest ORO out of anon CVS and fixed a bug in Perl5Matcher.java.
>How do I submit this for testing and/or incorporation?

Just post a unified diff (diff -u) to this mailing list along with an
explanation of the problem, which is pretty much exactly what you did
except for the diff format.  Jon can say better than I can what the
usual procedure is, but I assume it depends on the nature of the patch.
A straightforward patch will probably be applied by a committer immediately.
More involved patches will probably undergo additional scrutiny/testing
by the mailing list members before committing.

I'm looking at it right now.  You're probably completely right, but I
want to make sure that by fixing this one thing we aren't breaking
something else.  Also, if the fix is totally kosher, then a similar
fix probably has to go into org.apache.oro.text.awk.AwkMatcher, and
I would like to fix that at the same time.  Give me 24 hours so that
I can look it over after work rather than right before hitting the
sack.  After a quick look it looks you're totally on.

thanks!
daniel