jakarta-oro-dev mailing list archives

From jeff <...@houseofdistraction.com>
Subject Re: how to submit fixes?
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2000 19:39:10 GMT
Peter Kronenberg wrote:
> How exactly does one go about applying your fix?  Do you know how long it
> takes for the fixed code to be available for downloading?

I don't know.  I thought one would just feed it into patch but patch
seems confused by '-c' diffs.  Attached is a '-u' diff which you can
copy into the regexp directory and execute the command
	patch -l <patchfile
(where "patchfile" is the filename of the diff) to fix
Perl5Matcher.java.  I am no expert at patch or diff YMMV.

Use the source from cvs to do this rather than the release tarball since
the latter has a broken build script.

-jeff