jakarta-oro-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Stevens <...@latchkey.com>
Subject Re: ORO Project -- NetComponents 2.0
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2000 05:38:08 GMT
on 8/31/2000 10:30 PM, "Daniel F. Savarese" <dfs@savarese.org> wrote:

>> No firm release date has been set for NetComponents 2.0.  Chances are
>> rather good it will be ready before the end of the year and available
>> through the Jakarta Project sometime in January.  It has been delayed
>> because of busy schedules, but the development bottlenecks will be
>> removed once the release is made.

Let me please clarify this.

We (the members of the PMC of the Jakarta project) have made not definite
plans on including NetComponents into the Jakarta project. All that means is
that I have not gotten the PMC to vote on it yet and it still has the chance
of not being included. We need a 3/4 vote of the PMC to include it.

All I told Daniel was that I thought it might be a good idea to include it
and that I would consider putting it up for vote. Me stating that isn't a
definite that it will be included by any means.

thanks,

-jon

--
http://scarab.tigris.org/    | http://noodle.tigris.org/