jakarta-oro-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel F. Savarese" <...@savarese.org>
Subject Re: Perl5Util problem with m/.../m
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2000 04:10:26 GMT
>set, then it works as expected.  However, this is a crude hack and
>disturbs the explicit setting of setMultiline().  I do believe there is
>a bug in the handling of multi-line matches.

Could you double check this in the latest CVS version of jakarta-oro
(2.0.1-DEV)? I believe this was one of the bugs that was introduced
in the transition from oromatcher/perltools to jakarta-oro, but was
fixed shortly thereafter as the problems were identified.  Also,
doublecheck the CHANGES file.  There is a difference between
setMultiline() and MULTILINE_MASK in terms of what they correspond
to in Perl.  I'd check this out in more detail, but I'm swamped.
If you think there's still a problem, I can look at it in more detail
this weekend, but you should feel free to provide a solution and
post a patch in unified diff format which I can apply and commit
after verifying it.

daniel