jakarta-oro-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Davey - Sun UK Support Engineer <michael.da...@Sun.COM>
Subject Coding conventions
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 12:15:53 GMT
Hi,

I would like to submit my first patch for ORO this evening.
I am familiar with the Sun code conventions and the Getting
Involved section of the Jakarta website, but have a few
questions remaining.

Firstly, are there any other conventions that I should obey?
In particular I would like to know about:

1.  Indents - 2 spaces, 4 spaces or other?
2.  Protected, default(friendly) and private methods, variables
and attributes naming scheme (e.g. prefixed with underscores?)
3.  Variable and attribute naming (eg options or nOptions,
isAvailable or bIsAvailable)

Secondly, is there anything else I should know before
submitting a patch?

Cheers,
--
Michael