jakarta-oro-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel F. Savarese" <...@savarese.org>
Subject Re: Development Plan
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 05:45:02 GMT

In message <p06230925bfe25404b981@[10.0.1.2]>, "Mark F. Murphy" writes:
>Well, I started the thread because I was thinking about adding some
>of the functionality we've been talking about.

That would put you in the driver's seat :)  I agree with you that
updating Perl5Matcher/Perl5Compiler to the latest Perl syntax (5.8?)
(excluding any features from the perlre man page labeled as
"highly experimental") is probably the most desired enhancement.
Personally, look-behind assertions would be nice and reducing the
amount of recursion in the processing of inefficiently formulated
regular expressions (to reduce the likelihood of blowing the stack).

daniel

    s a v a r e s e      # In distant lands, I hear the call of my home.
   software research     # Yet my work is not done.  My journey's just begun.
http://www.savarese.com/ #  -- http://www.sleepandthetraveller.com/