jakarta-oro-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel F. Savarese" <...@savarese.org>
Subject Re: oro avaliability on maven repositories.
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2009 20:53:38 GMT

In message <OFF80590E8.E7B74BCC-ON42257599.003E8C97-42257599.00517BB1@rmb.co.za
>, Neil Crow writes:
>I would like to be able to locate the jakarta-oro in the central maven2
>repository location categorized alongside the many other Apache artifacts.
>http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/
>
>If the oro team agree to this, then I can assist with porting to a maven-2
>project structure.

I have not kept current with maven, so if you're already an
Apache committer the easiest thing to do is for me to ask the PMC
to vote to grant you commit access to oro to make the necessary
changes.

If you're not already an Apache committer, then if
you submit a patch (probably should open a bugzilla issue for this
and attach the patch to the issue; unfortunately, oro never
migrated to JIRA) I can apply it.

The only problem is that there are changes on the trunk that should
probably have been made in a separate 2.1 branch.  If you want to
move forward with this, I can move the trunk to a 2.1 branch and
rebase the trunk against oro-2.0.8 plus the non-experimental 2.1
changes (i.e., addition of Apache License 2.0 headers and Perl5Util
returning thread-local results) and you can make the maven-2 changes
against the new trunk.

daniel