jakarta-oro-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel F. Savarese" <...@savarese.org>
Subject Re: Doubt about ORO
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2002 15:29:47 GMT

In message <295A9D64E5DC2D469405DE8037DDAB694FBB48@delmmsx01.sapient.com>, Chan
dramouli Kharidehal writes:
>Thanks a Lot again , So i can use a Regexp string in my Java class
>For Example /d matches a numeric and /w matches a alpha numeric
>What is it for matching unicode characters . Hope I am underdstandable abt
>the question am I asking !!

\d matches based on Character.isDigit() and \w matches based on
Character.isLetterOrDigit() or '_'.  So, you see, it's all Unicode based
on Java's interpretation of how to classify characters with some attempt
to remain true to Perl (e.g., the inclusion of '_' in \w).  Even though
the source is somewhat inscrutable, these types of questions can be
answered by looking at the source.

daniel