jakarta-oro-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel F. Savarese" <...@savarese.org>
Subject Re: Doubt about ORO
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2002 20:10:44 GMT

In message <295A9D64E5DC2D469405DE8037DDAB694FC22B@delmmsx01.sapient.com>, Chan
> But if i try a \w match on this String AO?nC
> which is a unicode string i get only 4 matches
> Iam using the Applet that is  a part of jakarta site

Write a little program that explicitly tests the string you want (i.e.,
hardcode the string into your program) and make sure your localization
settings are compatible with the character set you're testing.  There is
no guarantee that the native widgets used by AWT in your browser will read
Unicode correctly and pass it on correctly to the Java runtime.

However, my email client only displays ASCII, so your string looks like
AO?nC to me.  If that is indeed the string, then of course you would only
get 4 matches.  '?' is not a word character (alphanumeric plus '_'; i.e.,
Character.isLetterOrDigit() or '_' as I said in my original reply) and
will not match \w.

daniel