jakarta-oro-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel F. Savarese" <...@savarese.org>
Subject Re: multiline mode and platform issues
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2002 20:18:54 GMT

In message <9B3E950CB293D411ADF4009027B0A4D202BA0D51@maileu.imediation.com>, St
ephane Bailliez writes:
>A test fails on Windows when doing a match around "endtest\r\n" with the
>pattern "endtest$". It works fine on Unix. Of course it works on windows if
>I change the string into a "endtest\n" or change the pattern into a
>"endtest\r$"

I believe someone brought this up before.  If you check the archives you'll
probably find a better explanation.  But what it comes down to is that in
Perl (I'm assuming you're using Perl5Matcher or Perl5Util), $ only matches
a zero-width 'null string' right before '\n'  That's how it's defined
regardless of the eol convention for a platform.

daniel