jakarta-oro-user mailing list archives

From "Malcolm Davis" <malc...@nuearth.com>
Subject RE: Doubt about ORO
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2002 15:25:59 GMT
Hello Mouli,

UTF-8?  I thought UTF was just an IO thing?  Internally Java uses
Unicode for characters and strings.

Are you manipulating bytes?

- Malcolm

-----Original Message-----
From: Chandramouli Kharidehal [mailto:Ckharidehal@sapient.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 10:54 PM
To: oro-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Doubt about ORO

Hi
    I want to incorporate  UTF-8 support to my regular expressions that are
avialble  with ORO -package
   Iam using apache web server and Java as the programming Language For
Formatting the text fields say for example
   user name I am using a regular expression of ORO package and passign it
to a formatter class in java It works  fine
   currently iam using only regular expressions containing \w \d etc Does \w
support Utf-8 So that i can make my programs utf-8 compliant IF not is there
any way to do it

Thanks
Mouli