jakarta-oro-user mailing list archives

From "Jeroen Dijkmeijer" <JDijkmei...@xs4all.nl>
Subject RE: detailed mismatch information
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 09:05:43 GMT
Yes Match only gives a true or false, which is exactly the same behaviour as
the perl regexp. If you want a more detailed error message you should use
more regular expression to dispatch for each different message.
I think it's very difficult to extend oro for this functionality.

kind regards,
Jeroen.

-----Original Message-----
From: Thorsten van Ellen [mailto:thorsten.van-ellen@o-s-c.de]
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2003 19:24
To: oro-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: detailed mismatch information

Hi!

I am trying to check user input with ORO.
I want to give the user a detailed message about his mistake,
e.g. the 5th character ":" is invalid.

But as far as I can see, I can get no information from ORO
about such things in the case of a mismatch.
I only get a boolean (true = matched, false = mismatch).
I get no information which character was invalid at which position,
especially the first non-matching character.

Is this true? Or have I overseen something in the API?
If true, is it difficult to extend ORO for this?

Thorsten van Ellen

OSC-Information Management AG
Dipl.-Inform. Thorsten van Ellen
Industriestra├če 11, 26121 Oldenburg
Tel.: 04 41/3 50 42-3 34, Fax: -3 80, Zentrale -0