jakarta-oro-user mailing list archives

From "Thorsten van Ellen" <thorsten.van-el...@o-s-c.de>
Subject detailed mismatch information
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2003 17:24:22 GMT
Hi!

I am trying to check user input with ORO.
I want to give the user a detailed message about his mistake,
e.g. the 5th character ":" is invalid.

But as far as I can see, I can get no information from ORO
about such things in the case of a mismatch.
I only get a boolean (true = matched, false = mismatch).
I get no information which character was invalid at which position,
especially the first non-matching character.

Is this true? Or have I overseen something in the API?
If true, is it difficult to extend ORO for this?

Thorsten van Ellen

OSC-Information Management AG
Dipl.-Inform. Thorsten van Ellen
Industriestra├če 11, 26121 Oldenburg
Tel.: 04 41/3 50 42-3 34, Fax: -3 80, Zentrale -0