james-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@apache.org>
Subject RE: requesting move of mailing lists to avalon.apache.org
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 19:37:40 GMT
Leo,

Please let us know how these go for you.  We'll want to see how smoothly it
works for you so that our transition can go smoothly, too.

	--- Noel

-----Original Message-----
From: Leo Simons [mailto:leosimons@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 5:04
To: Brian Behlendorf
Cc: Avalon Developers List; infrastructure@apache.org
Subject: request cvs renaming (was: Re: cvs repository symlink)

Hi Brian,

I guess this slipped through your busy schedule. Could you find some
time or someone to do this:

a) renaming /home/cvs/jakarta-avalon[-$foo] to /home/cvs/avalon[-$foo]
b) putting something temporary in the cvs/modules file that when someone
   goes to update or commit under the old name, tells them to go to the
   new one.
c) chgrp'ing /home/cvs/avalon-* to group "avalon", which all of you are
   in.
d) for now, making sure that commits to the avalon modules goes to the
   "right place" at the avalon-*-cvs@jakarta lists, but eventually moving
   that to *-cvs@avalon.apache.org.

thanks!

- Leo