james-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Action items now or after board meeting?
Date Sat, 08 Feb 2003 18:59:58 GMT
> If you believe that people would reasonably expect to find
> the license in the jar file, then I would say this complies.

No, I don't.  As I said, there is a copy of the license in the James CVS
root.  The question was whether there needed to be copies co-located
elsewhere in the structure where we have jar files.  I thought the
suggestion that the license could be embedded, hence the question.

Serge has spoken with Brian Wellington, and can take care of any remaining
formalities.  The mm.mysql driver is purely optional, distributed only as a
convenience for end users, called indirectly via JDBC, and replaced by
whichever JDBC driver they want to use depending upon the intended database
server, so I don't know if there is any issue with it, but Danny had been
following up with MySQL.

It will help when the Board ratifies its decisions if there is a document
that we can point to on the site explaining to authors what licenses are
acceptable, and what we need from them to be able to use and/or distribute
their code in either source or binary fashion.

	--- Noel