james-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject Action items now or after board meeting?
Date Sat, 08 Feb 2003 07:19:30 GMT
Sam,

We've been discussing the jar licensing, and want to check: do we have an
action item TODAY, or do we wait for the board meeting to provide formal
guidance?

At the moment, I am told that we have permissions for dnsjava and mm.mysql
from their authors, as well as geo-ip from that author.  The other jars are
JavaMail and JAF.

Dion Gillard also believes that a copy of the ASF License file needs to be
in every directory of the CVS within which is located a jar, unless the jar
has the ASL embedded in it.

Please advise.  Thanks.  :-)

	--- Noel

P.S.  Since I know that this subject is bound to annoy people, I want to get
Dion out of the firing line; people should know that he and the rest of the
Maven team were asked to do the audits.