james-general mailing list archives

From Danny Angus <Danny_An...@slc.co.uk>
Subject RE: Support for MDN MIME content types?
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2004 08:59:58 GMT

> Probably so, and org.apache.james.javamail is OK for now, unless we want
> setup a org.apache.javamail for generic JavaMail extensions?  I don't
> believe that we want to use org.apache.mail, which was the original
package
> name for James, for JavaMail specific code.

two things,

first, why don't we want to use org.apache.mail? I'm just curious, don't
have an axe to grind.
second org.apache.javamail may conflict with geronimo, but without checking
I can't be sure.

I'd be tempted to use org.apache.javamail.implementation (or impl) to make
it clear that this package is an apache implementation of the javamail
spec, and not an alternative to JavaMail API nor any other more generally
applicable mail functionality.

just my 2c.

d.

viruses.