james-general mailing list archives

From Danny Angus <Danny_An...@slc.co.uk>
Subject Re: Message Queues
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2004 10:36:00 GMT

ask this question on the server-user list..

In general james is designed to handle internet email, and news messages,
to handle other types is not so much about the protocols but the message
types.

It would require a generalisation of the message type to allow the common
handling of messages, and specializations to be implemented for the
different types.

d.

---
Danny Angus
Senior Analyst Programmer
Protocol Front Office Dev.
4w
ext 3257

|         |           "Mark Kempen"    |
|         |           <mark@kempen.org>|
|         |           26/03/2004 08:47 |
|         |           general          |
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       <general@james.apache.org>
                              |
  |       cc:
                        |
  |       Subject:  Message Queues

I would like to start a discussion about using the engine of james for
another protocol, that is message queues.
Fact is that emailing is a asynchron process. You send a message and
hopefully you get an answer back. The same is true for message queues.
Actually, you could say email is a specific kind of message queue. So why
nog implement another protocol on top of the james engine.

What I would like to know is, is the james engine is build in a way that
the above idea is possible??

viruses.