james-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Mail to sms configuration
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2004 13:08:15 GMT
> all mails that is sent to number@sms.mydomain.com is delevered
> to a single users mail box in James. Using JavaMail a then
> monitor the mailbox and read all incomming mails and send them
> to the operator via IP.

> some sms messages could not be delivered because of the luck of
> a numeric recepient number. This happens when the sms message is
> sent via mailling list and "RPCT TO" is used. When the sms
> application reads these mails only mailaddress of the mailling list
> is found in the To field and non of the sms recepient number is in
> the mail head.

Sounds as if you should be processing the RCPT TO information instead of the
RFC 2822 headers.

Looking at the headers for the message to which I am responding, I find:

           by mail.devtech.com (JAMES SMTP Server 2.2.0-dev) with SMTP ID
742
           for <noel@devtech.com>;
           Wed, 14 Apr 2004 08:00:36 -0400 (EDT)

James recorded the original envelope RCPT TO in the Received: header.

      by zdemail04.zdem.compaq.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id DF413EBD
      for <general@james.apache.org>; Wed, 14 Apr 2004 14:00:27 +0200 (CEST)

Another server showing its Received: header.  This was for the list.  Please
be advised that not all servers record a lot of useful information in their

Various Delivered-To headers from different servers.  The reason why I am
showing this is to note that if you use, as I do, a virtual user table or
forwarding mailet, the recipient collection can change.

 To: <general@james.apache.org>

The To: header.  Useless, as you say.

I'm not sure I have all the details for what you want to do, but it sounds
as if you either want to deliver based upon the recipient collection, or
possibly James' Received: header, if you have muxed them all into a
recipient within the James pipeline.

Can you elaborate?

	--- Noel